Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Chocolate Chip Frappe


So it was midnight and my Bear challenged me to make a frappe in the style of the Java Chip flavor at my favorite coffee chain...and I gladly accepted!  It's a work in progress, but I'd say it turned out delightful for a first try!

1 6oz cup of coffee
1/2 cup Silk Very Vanilla soy milk
1 tbsp hot cocoa
10-12 ice cubes
2 tbsp Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips

Optional: Hershey

Tools: Blender & Coffee Maker (or use instant, if you'd like)

Makes: 1 beverage


1: Make a 6 oz cup of coffee.  I like to use my own coffee with the Ekobrew (highly recommend!!!):
2: Put everything (minus the chocolate chips) in the blender.  If you have the time to think about this in advance, cool the coffee in the refrigerator for a bit before you make this... it's essential for having more of a slushy drink

3: When ice is completely blended, add the chocolate chips and pulse a few times so as to keep some of the chocolate chips chunky
4: If you really like chocolate, add a bit of Hershey's syrup on top for fun!
Note: Get creative!  Add some vanilla, peppermint or any other flavors that you might like with chocolate (peanut butter?)...  :)

No comments: