Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Vegetable Stew



Great for the crockpot...and if you have the time, throw some bay leaves in there and let it sit all afternoon for an even more flavorful soup!

5 red potatoes
1/2 onion
2 peeled carrots
2 cans (or 3 1/2 cups) vegetable broth
1 package of vegetarian brown gravy
salt & pepper

Optional: small garden tomatoes


1: Add broth and gravy mix to crockpot and whisk together
2: Add chopped potatoes (I leave the skin on), sliced carrots and chunked onions to broth mix.  I also added some small red and yellow tomatoes that my friend gave me from her mother's garden
3: Add salt and pepper, cover the crockpot and cook on high for an hour, stirring a few times.  Eventually turn to low heat for another hour or two.  The longer you have to simmer it, the more the flavors will come out.
4: Serve immediately with some yummy oyster crackers (I used Premium brand, as the off-brands of crackers have whey in them)

No comments: